Established in 2007, PUI provides Adult Medical Day Care services to all individuals who are eligible without regard to race, color, creed, sexual orientation, or national origin. Our Center was renovated and expanded in 2012 to include a Snoezelen room focusing on a multi-sensory environment.
Eligibility for those who require funding by Medical Assistance is determined by Baltimore County Adult Eligibility Review Services (AERS). Eligibility for private-pay participants is determined by Center staff.
The Center is licensed by the State of Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DHMH) to serve 130 participants. Our staffing ratio is 1:6 (staff:person).
The Center is open Monday through Friday 9:00am to 3:00pm. The Center follows Baltimore County Public Schools for closings and delays for inclement weather.
Transportation is provided to and from the Center to all those within the catchment area. This includes transportation of participants in wheelchairs.
Each program participant receives:
- An individualized nursing care plan
- Medication management
- Medical treatments as ordered by the physician
- Two nutritionally balanced meals daily as well as snacks and beverages. Special diets are accommodated.
- Opportunities for exercise, social activities, leisure/recreational activities, arts and crafts, games, reading, vocal and instrumental arts, and other activities
Opportunities for community field trips
- Access to horticultural activities
- Access to the Sport Court
- Access to the Sensory Stimulation room
In addition, the Center offers many personal services offered to participants at little to no charge (or as paid through medical insurance) to include:
- Podiatry services by an MD
- Massage therapy by a licensed practitioner
- Stylist and barber services by licensed professionals
- Manicures and pedicures by licensed professionals
- Physical Therapy by licensed professionals
For more information or to inquire about services, contact:
410-363-8550, ext 3106