Established in 1983,
Progress Unlimited, Inc. provides 24 hour care and support to adults with developmental disabilities without regard to race, color, creed, sexual orientation, or national origin. This invaluable service allows recipients the opportunity to live in their own communities and experience firsthand all the benefits of independence.
We are licensed by the State of Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DHMH). We own or lease approximately 30 homes (apartments, townhomes, detached homes, condominiums) in Baltimore County. Many of our homes are wheelchair accessible. Homes are designed to accommodate three compatible individuals.
Staff support and assistance is available in each home according to the needs of the individuals living there. Many homes offer awake overnight staff coverage and multiple staff. Staff must pass extensive training prior to working in PUI homes.
beyond housing, are numerous and varied. They include:
- Supervision and support by trained staff
- Health management and medical services including access to a Registered Nurse 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Psychiatric and Psychological services
- Restraint-free behavioral support
- Case management
- Financial planning
- Opportunities for personal growth and enjoyment such as participating in sporting activities, continuing education, building relationships, cultural enrichment, etc.
- The agency assists individuals to locate other services as needed (physical therapy, speech therapy, etc)
For more information or to inquire about services, contact:
410-363-8550, ext 3106